27 July 2011

Couchsurfing and Ridesharing in California

While trying to figure out what to do after Comic-Con I was pretty sure I wanted to see San Francisco so instead of heading to Amtrak's website I typed in Craigslist in my browser and more specifically the Ride Sharing part. I found Asad and his Ram 2500! It cost me $50 and way more fun than a train ride. Definitely check it out when in the states.

After an interesting ride from San Diego to San Francisco I can honestly say driving across the state is somewhat a boring thing, mainly because the Interstate 5 is a pretty straight road through the desert and it takes forever! The views: Corn field, Cow farm, Corn field, Cow farm etc. But luckily I was able to continue my couch surfing extravaganza in SF and not only that but get an introduction to the city the following day! Thank you Mena!

Furthermore I was in contact with a guy called Ethan from Zerply and I'm visiting their house in Mountain View right at this moment. Tomorrow's going to be an interesting day visiting their office. I'll tell you more about that later.

For now, in-joy some pics from the past few days.

 In the desert getting food!

 Experiencing the sunset in a Dodge Ram 2500 in the desert

 Asad and Mena

 San Francisco streets

 San Francisco streets #2

 Alcatraz in the background

 Ocean side fog - one side of the city might be like this all day whereas there's sun on the other side

 Bay Bridge in San Francisco

 Caltrain towards Mountain View

San Diego - Coronado Beach

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home