27 May 2011

Helsinki-Vantaa airport strike 2011

A random encounter with a friendly face in Copenhagen and a two hour flight later, the Norwegian flight DY 3160 officially landed to Finland. Only after 30 minutes of waiting in the plane does my teared Nike's hit Finnish soil.

Hardly anything is as annoying as an uninformed strike, especially on an airport. Especially in Finland. We, spoiled Northern Europeans take it for granted that our airports work, whereas it's just another Wednesday if Paris Charles de Gaulle stands still. The air is quickly filled up with Finnish swear words, as well as Danish, German, Chinese and Swedish equivalencies. After an hour and a half of waiting for my luggage I decided to forfeit and accept my loss.


I wasn't the only one who walked out without luggage. Some people decided to keep waiting, although they had been there for three hours. The airport is in chaos and nobody knows when the activities are normalized. Hopefully within a few days, because I'm out of clothes.


Life's about in-joying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home