14 May 2010

Hitch hiking whaeva

What's wrong with people today that doesn't have the guts the hitch hike? This is the cheapest and the easiest way to get to your goal! Not only the easiest but also the most interesting! You get to meet new open minded people as long as you speak a language "not-so-well" and say that you live at least 500 meters from the point you're hitch hiking from. Works every time!

I haven't had any problems yet with hitch hiking to this point in France. The first time was between La Grave and Serre Chevalier. This is in the middle of the mountains and the trip is about 30km. I had to wait about 45min before anybody picked me up. It worked though, so everything's possible.

One time in Francheville on the mountain of Lyon I thought there's going to be a bus down to the center. Unfortunately I was misinformed and didn't know what to do. So I put up my huge thumb and THE FIRST CAR STOPPED. Incredible! This was a couple and the driver was a man. I'm a guy. This usually never works. Well I got a ride to Bellecour, about the center of Lyon, depending on how you think of the place. They thought I was English. Luckily I'm Finnish.

Another funny and convenient story about hitch hiking in Lyon is from tonight about one hour ago when I wanted to get home. I was left alone on Avenue Berthelot (my street) and thought "por que no?" So I put out my thumb and the third car stopped. A Renault Twingo! I love them cars! I got kicked out after about 200 meters. What a pity. Even the old guys in the car next to me didn't want to open their minds to a random Finnish guy. Didn't matter. There was a Fiat Punto that was more than eager to help a foreigner in a need. So I got a ride to my place. For free. Thank you!

There was a gang of people outside our hotel who were apparently going to have a rock opera show the next day. I made new friends and had a few laughs. Too bad they didn't believe that I live right next to them. They were cool though. Have fun tonight and enjoy Nuits Sonores! In-joy et ciao!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 21/5/10 16:00 , Blogger Bea said...

de e väl så farlit farlit :) men låter rolit rolit. trevligt veckoslut fredd!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home