29 April 2010

Sunny Sing Along Song!

We've had a couple of weeks of amazing weather here in Lyon which have made people get out in the sun in not too covering clothes resulting in red lobsters whining their way through in town. So words started flowing in my head during my shower. I think you'll recognize yourself. Let Gloria Gaynor give you the melody and just sing along!

So, melody is Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive, go on and in-joy your voice! Free distribution!

Verse 1
First I was afraid
I was all damn white
kept thinking I could never show
my face in the night
but then I spent those sunny days
lying half naked in a park
and I got dark
I got back the outgoing spark
later I got burnt
my world went grey
I thought there's no need for lotion here
I can't afford those creams anyway
I should have listened to my mom
I should have been responsible
If I had known for those six hours
the sun would make me unrecognizable

Chorus
Go on now walk, to the ER
just take good care now
'cause it feels a bit bizarre
isn't tanned today the way to go to get you some might
you see I'm peeling
you see I can't sleep at night
Oh no, not you
you just yell "buhuu"
as long as ignorance exists
I know people will get burnt
you've got all your rays to give
people get melanoma and cease to live
but you'll survive
you will survive!



Verse 2

It took all the medical help
for me not to fall apart
kept buying after-sun lotions
just to make myself feel smart
and I spent so many nights
just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry
Now I wear a t-shirt from U & I
So now I am great
The red turned brown
I'm not scared of you mighty sun
Which means I'm going to kick you down
I have money on sun lotions
this time I'll be prepared for real
now I can tell the world my emotions
without you getting me to peel

Chorus x2

1 Comments:

At 29/4/10 21:19 , Blogger Bea said...

haha de va ju pƄhittigt :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home