12 April 2010

Let this stone begin its rolling journey

This text was supposed to be born for about seven or eight months ago when I started my exchange year in Lyon, France. Well, it didn't, did it? No. Life goes on and the miracle of creation descended from heaven and appeared in my head. Problem is I've only got 2 months to go in Lyon. I'm going to write a best-seller book of forgotten and unforgotten experiences before I tell you everything from those past months, meaning that it's TOO MUCH. Let's do this in a nutshell: I've been in school, met a shitload of nice people, met new friends for life, snowboarded almost a month on the French alps and learned French. Done, so let's focus on the time being and the future. You'll love it.

"What happened in his life this weekend?" I hear my imaginary friend George ask himself. Well, Fran (my Spanish flatmate, my brother from another mother) rushed in my room on Friday (Franday) and asked if I'm ready for The trip. I had been somewhere dreaming about knee-deep powder again because this was news to me. What, Where and when? "Marseilles, tomorrow." After a slight confusion and a hit in the face I coughed out an adventurous YES! "Start at 8.30am" the Spanish way which means in this case 11am. 311km later we shake hands with the owner of the Backpackers Hostel La Cigale et la FourmiAdresse :. A day at the beach and a random encounter with Johan, a very skilled photographer later we're in the hostel again. After a mediocre night sleep we went out playing tourists around town. It was intriguing and relaxing. Notre-Dame de la Garde, the old port, the sea, the people, the sights in general etc. Now I've been to Marseilles twice without seeing the bowls from THPS2, so I still have a reason to visit the city again. Why am I telling all this? I don't know. I guess George would like to know. Anyways, we enjoyed one superb weekend in Marseilles with Fran, Ana, MJ and Cristina. Sun was shining and the temperature went up to 26 degrees not Fahrenheit. Next weekend to the alps maybe?

In-joy some of the pictures of the trip, please. A+ tout le monde!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12/4/10 21:11 , Blogger Bea said...

vautsi:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home