18 April 2010

Parc de la Tête d'Or

Good morning! Something's wrong with me. It's Sunday and I woke up at 8.30am with aucune possibilité to fall asleep again. I thought I would never get up to my alarm clock that would've rang 1½ hours later. It might be because of the weather. The weather, my brothers, sisters, dads, moms, grandpas and grandmas, the weather. It's incredible. 20 degrees and sun, so warm you can hang around in a t-shirt and shorts in the night without the mosquitoes. They haven't arrived yet.

What is there to do in this town on days like these then? You can sit by Rhône, the river, chill out somewhere on the streets, sit on a terrace somewhere OR one of the most popular things among the locals: hang around in the park (Tête d'Or). The whole day. Having a picnic on the grass half naked is something that makes you so relaxed even the fact of the nonexistence of Fran doesn't matter.

The park is always crowded with people that are either playing football or any other sport, people who're chilling and crazy dancers who're doing these weird flips like it would the most natural thing to do. The kid in me gets excited once more: "That's something I want to do too!" So I was flipping around and eventually landed a bit on my head. There's been some damage towards that area lately, last in Les 7 Laux, but then the landing was powder, not grass. But still, I'm living by the 'Impossible is nothing'. When you see guys making flips like it would be just another walk in the park, you do want to try it yourself, right? Don't worry Mom, I won't hurt myself!

In-joy the memory of Fred and his ability of taking the camera with him this time!


Leleu taking a pause when people are running around it. Red lights are recommendations.

 
 A mother and her daughter playing ball in the park. Just the other Saturday.



 The park crew of this time. See the shadows compared to the amount of clothes? Exactly.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 20/4/10 13:52 , Blogger Bea said...

oj fredd ja väntar också på att parksäsongen ska öppna i lilla åbo:) jee, e lite avundsjuk!

kram på dej

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home