24 June 2010

-10 hours

Time went by, partying took place and Lyon got abandoned for a moment. I was going to stay, but something else came up. Something exciting, something random, something absolutely unpredictable. Little Fred widened his world view, packed his bags and went to LA, California for the summer. I just haven't updated this blogggg, partly because confusion, distraction, change in life and most importantly no battery in my laptop and no adapter to these standards here yet.

How did this happen? I mean CA, not lack of motivation. Well, Emily, my better part nowadays met me in "The" Park in Lyon about a month ago and she smushed through a little suggestion that she's not going to stay in Lyon, BUT I could go with her to her homeland if I wanted to. Although I had looked forward to stay in Lyon, the lack of a job made the choice of getting my plane tickets to LA as fast as I could easy as pie.

The couple last weeks in Lyon were rainy and unmotivating. ECE Lyon, my school in France makes no effort in informing us Erasmus students about absolutely anything that is going on with our classes, grades or anything in between. They (administration) hate to work. Absolutely. I'm not saying names, but I guess they who know, they know well. Frustration is the key word to everything. Well don't worry people, you'll have your summer break soon when you can stress about something else with a pastis in your left hand and a cancer stick in the right. Good luck!

We had a little ex tempore trip to Cassis in southern France with Ale, Tijana and Emily which was absolutely fantastic! Two days at the beach and swimming in the Mediterranean (cold!) was absolutely worth it. Thank you France for working trains. You'll see pictures of it when I get the adapter to my european electronic devices to fit these weird American ones.

What else happened? Oh yeah, Fran threw a surprise party to me! Man I love the guy. I LOVE YOU FRAN! Hope you were here.. See you soon buddy!

So, the day of 10th of June arrived and I left France with tears hugging and kissing my room mate goodbye towards Finland and took Emily with me. Yes, an American in Finland. Language barriers? What? I even organized a bit of work for myself in the brilliant company of Pakuovelle.com. During two days of work all the employees were awarded a 100e bonus. Isn't that great? Fitted my situation perfectly! We went to Hogsara (sorry for misspelling, but this text is being produced with a lot of sweat from a local computer) with Emily for the weekend and she both had a sauna for the first time and enjoyed about 12 degrees (celsius) warm sea water. Hardcore girl, I'm telling you! Farmors Cafe for the win! Tack Bee, Amanda, Ylva, Mats, Antti, Jone, Sarah, Marcus, Jontte, Jens, Cortley (sorry for misspelling again), Elina och Bruno samt Blanca for sallskapet o maten an en gang! Time ran out eventually and we had to get our stuff together and drive back towards Helsinki to Dick's and Jenny's crib. Rickster, mon amour invited us for a little beefy dinner in between though, so we spent our evening in Kimito with him and Nickster. It was gooooooood! Man, was the week a well eaten one or what!

20th of June, 2010 Fred and Emily took off to the HEL airport with Dickster as le chaffeur. Funny part in this story: the plane left 7.50 so we were there at 6 sharp and who's there by default saying goodbye? Pops of course! Thank you for coming, because you weren't home the night before! Anyways, the plane to Heathrow took what seemed ages but atleast we got there. Almost missed our connecting flight but got on the American Airlines 137 flight to LAX. This flight was going to take about 13h or something and it really took forever. Luckily we had plenty of movies to watch from the planeTV. And about 5 meals. Aahh! So. Next fun fact. I've never witnessed 26 hours of continuous day until last Sunday when we woke up at 5 Finnish time and went to sleep at nine Californish time. That's 10 hours time difference and we went with the sun. Oh! I saw Greenland and Alaska on the way. Fascinating areas full of snow. The Hudson Bay was covered in ice too. It was of course nice to come to a place where it seems to be above 20 degrees all the time and sun every day.

So here we are, living at Ze Wares (parents). Emily's taking classes at UCLA and I'm taking classes in street business walking around, making friends with random people and enjoying the time here in a country where everything's supposed to be big. Everything. My ass. Almost anyway.

Once I get the adapter to my laptop, there will be a metric shit load of pictures uploaded, so stay tuned boys and girls, women and men, grandpas and grandmas, moms and dads, SDFs, Aliens and whoever reads this thing anyway anymore. I bet you'll like it!

Today I had a walk in Santa Monica beach, you know the place with the ferris wheel and amusement park on the pier. Only been there in THPS, GTA and some other game, but never in real life until now. It sure is nice, and exactly as it is in the games too. Epic! Not only did see a random group of Navy Seal wannabees getting all pumped up by their instructor but I also crashed into Swedish people and French people. You never get rid of these people, do you now? My question remains. Where are the Finns?

Anyways! Stay tuned for more and you will get it! Back tomorrow with more news so In-joy whatever you're doing mes amis! Bisous and fuck off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home