18 October 2011

Materialistic world

Why does people sooth their needs with buying materia they don't really need?

I just got back from a delicious lunch with a good friend and I don't mind spending some extra when eating. The better the happier and more satisfied. Experiences should be a general driving power among humankind, not expensive clothes or bags or shoes or whatever.

When walking back to "my office" in the pouring rain I stopped by in a few stores just because of the typical fall weather and I realized that I don't need any of the things that are for sale. Nothing. I'd rather put hundreds of euros on a vagabond trip into the unknown than buying myself new content into my wardrobe.

Once you're unable to determine 'home' anymore, that's the time when you realize how little you actually need material wise. Fresh clothes, enough to make it at least for three weeks is all you really need.

The truly in-joyable things in our world are free and I mean it. Good food isn't free of course, but the people you eat with are much more enjoyable if you haven't bought them. Experiences that you get to share with somebody are unforgettable. Laughter and fun.

If I had to choose between a new television and a trip to Rio de Janeiro, the choice is crystal clear. A TV won't help you grow into anything else than a slave of the daily programme.

Think about it. In-joy the world while it's in-joyable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home