22 March 2011

EighthInch Scrambler V3 - post #1

Helsinki will have to make space for an old rival of hers; Me. Because The building of a new fixed gear has begun. I've never done this with only new bits and pieces, but because of the sky high prices of used frames, I'm making a compromise this time.

The mail man brought me the first goods which I ordered from Charlie the Bikemonger last Thursday. It's Tuesday today! Charlie, your shipping time is unbelievable considering you send it from Swanage, UK. Check out the store, they also have their own website (off ebay). Fast delivery, cheap prices and always a pleasure to do business with them.

Gusset saddle
Sturmey Archer 170mm, 46T cranks and chainwheel
epic stickers

I built this wheel for my first fixie; VisaMaestro, but decided not to use it because I had a lightweight 5€ wheel from the 90's for it instead. Luckily now this pearl comes in handy.


Mavic CXP22 32H front wheel with a Suzue Promax hub

The building won't actually begin until I get the frame and I suppose it's the last part to arrive, as it always is. I'll give it two weeks. Still, I will have this bike assembled before 3,000 pageviews according to the little counter on the page is exceeded. I'll keep you posted about this sleek maniac!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home