21 March 2011

Why snowboarding is awesome.

”It’s kind of windy today, the circumstances tend to change all the time, just go full speed” – Alright, if you say so, this adrenaline rush of mine is pumping blood into my heart at decent rates anyway.


The breeze flushes into the open ventilation holes in my pants as I rumble towards the lip of the biggest jump in SerenaSki, a local skiing resort. Being a bit uncomfortable with the high speed I make one little turn. Bad move, as noticed on the lip, but it was too late.


Although being up high among the birds it’s obvious that this flight is going to turn into a some kind of crash. Landing a meter before the actual landing onto flat ground makes your body automatically go airborne again like a spring as a result of the deep suspension your legs are exposed to. So I was in the air again. Damage control gone wrong.


After what seemed to be an eternity in air I land a good bit into the landing with my side first, fly a bit more flipping somehow hitting my head as well. Thank you Mom for making me always wear a helmet in the slopes.


Collecting myself on the snow, mumbling Finnish swear words about nailing it on the next run I realize that my head aches, my neck aches, my ribcage aches and while I finally get up, walking is incredibly difficult and painful. Radical. Time for a pause, it seems like I’m done snowboarding for the day.


1200mg of painkillers and a hot chocolate with Kosken Minttu takes the pain away for a while so I was able to enjoy cheese fondue with Pille, but the next morning... Wow.


Sitting in the waiting line at the hospital waiting to show off my damaged body. Hopefully they employ pleasant nurses.


Of course I In-joyed every bit of this adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home